Monday, January 4, 2010

Music Monday #8

It's the very first Music Monday of 2010! I know it's Tuesday already but it's still Monday in Seattle Sorry that this week's Music Monday came late cause I was really tired yesterday. Will update about my yesterday later ya.

Like I said, I was really tired yesterday. So I ended up watching FNS Song festival on my bed and thanks to that, I found some really nice song to share. There were 3 songs in my mind but I chose Fuyu ga hajimaru yo (Winter Has Begun) because Winter dramas are taking over my computer soon!

'Fuyu ga hajimaru yo' is sung by Makihara Noriyuki. Ring any bells? He was the one who wrote the ever famous SMAP's anthem 'Sekai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana'. He is ranked at No.84, in a list of Japan's top 100 musicians, provided by HMV. You can read more about him here. I think this song is really cute, especially the lyrics. I can't find a translation of it right now, but will edit it once I come across any or I'll just copy it from the video I downloaded.

Here's the original 1991 released version of the song


If you think that the sound is a little too old school,or u prefer something Jazzy, check out Arashi's collab with Makihara san.

Don't you think Arashi did a great job performing that song?

Or, if you prefer something more acoustic or a female vocalist, check out Every Little Thing's version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment