Monday, February 8, 2010

Music Monday #11

I've decided to update Music Monday fortnightly instead of weekly. I'm running out of songs and basically.. I'm lazy haha.

Anyway, song of the week for week 11 is 'Drivers High' by L'Arc~en~Ciel.


This is my favorite favorite driving song ever! No no, I don't Flash the lights and think that I'm the coolest driver's high nor want to see you in the next world like what the lyrics said. It's just that this song sounds so happy and makes me think that driving isn't that bad. I really really dislike driving I had to listen to this song and watch some video of Koichi talking about unko every time before my driving lesson begin to ensure that the lesson goes out smoothly. That is also probably why I'm able to obtain my driving license in one go.


L'Arc~en~ciel (Laruku) has been around since a long time ago but I've only began listening to them when I was 16 or 17. They have a super long history. They debuted when I was one years old! If you're interested, check out their wiki page here.
Their songs reminded me very very much of my high school days. How Kim, Jackie and I would strum really randomly to the guitar trying to play a Laruku song or how we would parody HYDE and Gackt in their movie entitled 'Moonchild'. And sometimes when I'm feeling lucky, I'll sing 'Stay Away' and when I didn't get enough sleep, I'll sing 'Feeling Fine'. Ah...the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment