Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sobfest

Not mine but the Qing Ming festival (Mourning festival) is around the corner, the sky is always feeling so blue, as if its mourning the lost of someone important. It reminded me of this poem that I was forced to memorize back then in primary school.

清明時節雨紛紛 (Drizzling rain falls like tears on the Mourning Day)
路上行人欲斷魂 (The mourner's heart is breaking on his way.)
借問酒家何處有 (Where can a winehouse be found to drown his sadness?)
牧童遙指杏花村 (A cowherd points to Almond Flower (Xing Hua) Village in the distance.)

Anyway, this entry is not about the festival. I'll blog about it again next time after I've done my mourning. It's about how my stroll in the park ended up with me running and chasing after my dad's car.

It started with me asking my sister to go out for a walk/jog. I wore my Converse sneakers cause I wanna 'vintage-fied' it.

After only a round of walking, I had this feeling that it will rain anytime soon. "Let's go back" I told my sister and on the way back, it started raining. Not drizzling but not pouring. Mild rain.

Ran home, reached home and my parents were about to make a trip to the night market. The night market is just a couple of roads away but the sky there was fine. And when my sister and I was happily choosing our breakfast for tomorrow, BAM! it started raining so heavily as if we're at the Niagara falls.

Mum: Let's wait for Pa around the shop lots. Let's wait in front of the 1st shop so he don't need to drive in.
*Dad's car drove pass*

I have no idea why did I volunteered to run and chase after my dad's car. I think one of the bystander laughed at me. Why does it always rain on me, is it because I lied when I was seventeen? My poor Converse.. So much for wanting to vintage-fied it. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment