Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Malaysia

Tanggal 31, Bulan 8, lima puluh tujuh
Merdeka, Merdeka, Hari yang mulia...

You know what? I really miss the time in high school when the morning/afternoon session gathers together and sing all the National Day songs. Every students will be equipped with mini "Jalur Gemilang" and waves it as we sing. I also remember the the line "KERANAMU" got the whole school shouting (in a good way of course). I miss all the marching performance the scouts will perform every year.

Back then in high school, my class were scattered in to groups. We have the cool popular gang, the jocks, the geeks... Even my additional mathematic teacher complained about the sense of unity of our class. The National Day celebration in school was the only time when I feel united with the whole class (and school too). It's like everyone gathered in the same place, at the same time for the same purpose. Well I felt it during Sports day also .. but there's too much competition during Sports day, so.. it's not that fun haha

Honestly, I don't really know much about country and the politics behind Her. It was when I join the Journalism course in my university, then only I started to learn bits and bits about Her. Although there are some things that I dislike about Her, I still love Her a lot. Why? Cause we're a diverse country. We learn so many things about each other, we can speak different languages, we have huge varieties of food and the best of all.. we have lots of holidays. CNY, Hari Raya, Deepavali, Wesak, Xmas...

My friend once ask me, "What about Singapore?Why don't you like Singapore? It's pretty much similar to Malaysia." Why? Because I was born here. Because I was raised up here. Because I grew up here. Because this is "Tanah Tumpahnya Darahku" Because I'm a MALAYSIAN and proud to be one. It would be a total different story if I was born a Singaporean and raised up as a Singaporean.

In a nut shell, Happy Birthday, Malaysia!

No comments:

Post a Comment